The Dwarves of the steamy mountains rely on their technical prowess to make up for their physical “shortcomings”. However tiny they may be, their machinery is without match. The heavy hitting and sweaty Mechie, in particular, is one dwarf you want to befriend. His massive mechanical rumble suit allows him to get right in the middle of any combat situation, hacking away with his chainsaw, and bashing away with his super-heated fist.
We love the Mechie. From our very first character brainstorm meeting we knew that we wanted to do something different with the Dwarves in our game, and decided that making them technical geniuses was the way to go. Playing the Mechie means that you’ll be the bruiser of the group, thanks to your awesome mechanical suit. You can wade into just about any mob and soak up damage while giving it right back to them through you attacks and steam abilities. I’ve listed out the Mechie’s skills below. If you have any questions let me know in the comments.
Abilities are listed as shown in the image, left to right, top to bottom. Tier 1 abilities are available at the beginning of the game, Tier 2 are available at level 4, and Tier 3 are available at level 8.
- Horn Blast (Tier 1) – Blast your horn to attract enemies and make them target you instead of your allies.
- Hot Punch (Tier 1) – Super-heat your fist to cause extra melee damage. You begin the game with this ability.
- Ground Shaker (Tier 1) – Stomp the ground to slow nearby enemies.
- Broiler (Tier 2) – Focus built-up steam into a short ranged attack.
- Scrap Shield (Tier 2) – Patch scrap metal onto your armor to raise your defense for a short time.
- Steam Cloud (Tier 2) – Surround yourself with steam to make it harder for your enemies to land their attacks.
- Ramming Speed (Tier 3) – Dash forward and ram into your target. This ability lets you move additional space after your standard move, which really comes in handy.
- Rev It Up(Tier 3) – Rev up your chainsaw and saw your problems away.
Once again, I’ve built the image at the top of this post to be a great iPhone wallpaper. If you decide to use it shoot me a screenshot on Twitter!